Want to know what goes on in my world? Read on! Disney - Cruising - Airplanes - Cooking - Singing - Movies - Notre Dame Football etc. etc. etc.

Monday, February 26, 2007

It's been a while

Sorry for the long overdue posting. So, Very Good Eddie ended on a high note (literally) and I was really happy with how it all turned out. I made some new friends, rekindled some old friendships and overall had a really good time. I hope those of you who saw it enjoyed yourselves.

After VGE ended, I quickly went into high gear rehearsing for the Arts in The City showcase (it was this past Saturday night). It was a real mixed bag of "arts and entertainment". My friend Jaclyn asked me to be in it and Jenn and Ryan helped put it all together. Before we performed, there were a couple poetry readings (I just didn't get it at all), a couple short skits (I didn't get that either) and then a comedian (this, I got). Then our group went on. We sang our songs about isolation and belonging (that was the theme) and then a few of us went out to Earl's for some food. It was very well received and I think they may have us back again next year. Hopefully.

So now, I have absolutely nothing planned. I didn't audition for Theatre under the Stars because I don't think I'll be able to commit that much time to it this summer. I won't be auditioning for The Mystery of Edwin Drood either because I'll be in Hawaii during the first rehearsal. Bad timing. Oh well. I will be in Hawaii, so I guess I'm not that sad. I'll see if I can help out with the show in some way.

I've not only been performing lately but also watching a lot of performances. Susan and I went to watch Jesus Christ Superstar with Ted Neely, the dude from the movie. I just didn't get this show at all. Not one of my favourites. Ted Neely, in his farewell tour, can still shake the pipes. Is that a saying? What I'm trying to say is that the dude can sing - high. Very very high.

We also went to watch Kristin in The UBC Gilbert and Sullivan Society's production of Iolanthe. It was a great production and Kristin once again stood out - in a very good way.

This past Sunday we watched Kristin perform at Granville Island as a part of the Winterruption festivities. She rocked the tent! I was so proud of her. She did good.

This Saturday Susan and I are going to watch The Producers. I'm looking forward to seeing this show. No Matthew Broderick or Nathan Lane, but I think the material will hold up on its own. It should be a dandy.

So that's really all that's been going on. We're starting to plan for our Hawaii trip. Arranging hotels, rental cars, side trips etc. Current temperature in Hawaii is a balmy 27 degrees. Looking forward to being with my people (a reference to the fact that I look a tad Polynesian in the summer).

Oooooh and the new wing of the international terminal building at YVR opens up soon. I took a tour of it this morning and it looks new and shiny. I'll take some pics soon and show you all the cool stuff it has!

Okay, that's it for now. Take care.

i

4 Comments:

Blogger Just Jim said...

If you get to Hilo the Seahorse "farm" is tres cool. Not fancy but where else can you get to see seahorses close up?

6:47 PM

 
Blogger Kiltman said...

Can't wait for those pics of the new terminal.

Seriously.

(Sheesh - I better get a life - right?)

7:52 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow! So that's what's been keeping the blog empty the last two weeks!

I'm going to see Pirates of Penzance this weekend! Also Gilbert and Sullivan! Who knew. I didn't. Til just recently.

Keep the bloggies coming. I heard Heroes' pace has accelerated and is more interesting. I'm WAY behind -- still on eppie 8 or 9... so no spoilers! (Or at least big warnings.) Merci buckets.

5:07 AM

 
Blogger Jenn's Yarn Addiction said...

Shake the pipes - ha! If it's not a saying then let's make it one. That is, I will take credit for it. And yes, you will be working VERY HARD on Edwin Drood, you just don't know it ... well I guess now you do...

10:10 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home