Want to know what goes on in my world? Read on! Disney - Cruising - Airplanes - Cooking - Singing - Movies - Notre Dame Football etc. etc. etc.

Monday, January 22, 2007

The bird, not the country...

urgh...I hate turkey. I've had WAY too much of it in the past 30 days. We cooked a 22-pounder on Saturday. We had some no-shows at our choir party so now we have a ton of leftovers!

So I guess it's turkey sandwiches for me this week. I'll probably make some turkey tetrazini, turkey mac and cheese, turkey udon soup, turkey potpie, turkey vegetable soup, turkey congee and did I mention turkey sandwiches?

Anyway, it's Heroes and 24 tonight! That's good! But, I have choir practice. That's bad. But I can watch both shows earlier because I get the eastern US channels. That's good! But then I have to make dinner at the same time so I may miss some. That's bad. But we can just eat turkey leftovers. That's good! No, wait - actually that's bad. I HATE YOU TURKEY (the bird, not the country).

I think I found a very telling sign that I am no longer young - I get VERY excited when I can buy clothes of any kind for under $10. I am all about the shockingly well priced, bulk-purchased, drastically-reduced, clearance clothes now. I am getting to the point where I'll walk out of Costco and the staff will give me the eye because it looks like I've just shoplifted all of my clothes!

In other news, did anyone see Steve Irwin's last documentary? It was called Ocean's Deadliest and it aired on Discovery Channel last night. After the documentary, they had a very touching half-hour tribute to Steve Irwin. His little daughter Bindi spoke about her dad and I have no doubt in my mind that she will be following in her dad's footsteps one day! She was very cute and spoke so lovingly about her dad and about the conservation of wildlife. I was very impressed by her eloquence.

There is hope for this world yet!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Kiltman said...

I love turkey everything - Turkey ROCKS!

8:13 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never really watched Crocodile Hunter before. But I happened to be flipping channels and did watch a bit of Ocean's Deadliest too! I saw the part where they were "milking" the snakes. He's so passionate about what he does! Very cool to watch! Didn't see the tribute though.

I still don't know what tetrazini is. Even though I've eaten it at your house before.

8:49 PM

 
Blogger Jenn's Yarn Addiction said...

You and your damn mac and cheese! And I LOVES the cheap clothes too! (That means we're BOTH old.)

12:10 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

DID YOU JUST LOVE HEROES?? it was so good. its all coming together... i wonder what the invisible man is doing in peter's dream??

1:03 PM

 
Blogger Kiltman said...

So good to see you and Susan at the Ovations.

Susan, the glasses rock.

11:20 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home