Want to know what goes on in my world? Read on! Disney - Cruising - Airplanes - Cooking - Singing - Movies - Notre Dame Football etc. etc. etc.

Friday, January 12, 2007

Baby, it's cold outside!

It's a tad chilly outside but then again, I've lived in Calgary and Kingston so I'm no stranger to minus 40 degree weather. I must admit though that I love the cold and the snow and I especially love it when it's all sunny outside. Is there anything prettier than a blue sky and a blanket of white snow? Oh and due to leaky gutters, our house is sporting some sweet looking icicles. Good length and shape and crystal clear ice. I'll try to take some photos of them.

This weekend should be fun. We're going to eat at Kam Do tonight (pronounced "kam doe")- our favourite super cheap Chinese restaurant and then off to Superstore. If you've never been to Kam Do (on Alexandra Rd. in Richmond), you must try it. The menu is gigantic and the portions are just as big. The menu is sorta eclectic though. There's the main menu (which we never order from) and then there are 5 smaller laminated menus all with set meals. Most of the set meals for dinner are in the $8-$10 range and they each come with a specialty drink, a choice of 2 soups and your main dish. Those in the $10 range also come with a choice of appetizers, and a dessert. There are afternoon specials and breakfast specials too.

Not only is there a fine selection of Chinese food (my people just call it "food"), but also a seemingly curious melange of Western dishes - with an Asian flare. Par example, for breakfast, you can have spam and eggs, and a bowl of macaroni in chicken broth for $5. At dinner, you can have baked seafood on fried rice for $8. You can share a cauldron of noodles in soup with seafood and vegetables for under $10 (we barely finish this between the two of us). It's a perfect place to bring a few people and share a bunch of dishes. It's not the prettiest place but if you want fast, cheap, Chinese food- Kam Do is the place. It's the best value in town.

This posting is brought to you by: Kam Do.

On Saturday, we're going to Steve and Milah's place to make Vietnamese salad rolls and dessert crepes . A bit of a weird combo but whatever. AND, we're going to try some of Milah's reindeer meat. I'll let you know how that tastes...I'm guessing it will taste a little Rudolphy...mmmmm...Rudolph.

Then on Sunday we're going to see our friend Greg who is leaving to go back to Boston for school. I also have my first rehearsal for Very Good Eddie on Sunday. I'm looking forward to meeting the entire cast!

Oh, and if anyone is looking to go see a movie this weekend, I encourage you to go see Blood Diamond or Children of Men. Both are good flicks although I liked Blood Diamond more - Leo D. was excellent in it. I also want to see Clint Eastwood's Letters of Iwo Jima. I love epic WWII movies and this sounds like it's a good one.

Anyway, enjoy your weekend everybody and stay safe out in the cold and ice!

3 Comments:

Blogger Jenn's Yarn Addiction said...

Rudolph's reindeer mom is crying somewhere...sad reindeer tears...

6:28 PM

 
Blogger Just Jim said...

Good restaurant review, we'll have to try it. And Blood Diamonds.

11:51 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reindeer! FABU!! I just had elk over the holidays. No joke. Elk pie and elk meat balls over at a friend's place in the Sechelt Islands.

I also learned how to make a moose call.

Muh! M-UH! M-UH!

7:35 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home