Want to know what goes on in my world? Read on! Disney - Cruising - Airplanes - Cooking - Singing - Movies - Notre Dame Football etc. etc. etc.

Monday, January 08, 2007

Very Good news

It's my first day back at work after the holidays. My co-worker Mike isn't here today so it's going to be nice and quiet. Getting up this morning didn't kill me as expected so that was nice.

The house is STILL decorated and I think we may leave up the Christmas decor a couple weeks longer because we're hosting our choir Christmas party on the 20th. We even bought a 22 pound turkey the otehr day which is currently absorbing all the coldness from our freezer. The bird is massive. It scares me a little.

Last night I went to a callback for Applause Musical's next show Very Good Eddie. I knew 2 people there - Ryan (who directed me in Flower Drum Song) and Tamara (who I sang with at the VPL once). There were eight performers there in total and they were all quite talented. I was pretty nervous as usual and it took me a while to get into the swing of things. We sang through bits of songs and did some cold reads. The show itself seems quite funny though and I think it'll be a blast to do. I'll hopefully hear if I got a role in the next couple of days. I'll keep you posted.

Oh, speaking of the VPL, on January 18th, I'll be performing in the Jerome Kern 101. It's completely free! I get to sing about 5 songs including the classic Smoke Gets in your Eye. I'm looking forward to that!

In the TV world, I'm really looking forward to three shows starting up again:

1) The next episode of Heroes.
2) Smallville (looking forward to the Justice League episode)
3) 24 - Jack's back baby...

Did anyone watch Grease - You're the One that I want last night? I'm hoping they'll give out a lot of free advice during the show...

And really, is anyone else getting tired of the ubiquitous "angry Brit" on all these reality tv shows? Would you find it less appealing if there wasn't a Simon-character?? I know the formula works, but can we not please be a tad more original?

3 Comments:

Blogger Ryan said...

hey - it was great to see you last night. i am sure you were no where near as nervous as I was.
Is the new 24 tonight??? I hope not - I didn't set my vcr... i didn't know you were a fan of that one! :)
anyways, hopefully we'll get to do the show together. thanks ivan!

12:05 PM

 
Blogger Jenn's Yarn Addiction said...

That's a scary bird! Ck and I have been watching Heroes after you recommended it - very good show!!

12:44 PM

 
Blogger Kiltman said...

Heroes rocks!

7:45 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home