Want to know what goes on in my world? Read on! Disney - Cruising - Airplanes - Cooking - Singing - Movies - Notre Dame Football etc. etc. etc.

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Happy New Year!

I haven't posted anything since last year! Wow. Seems so long ago.

Let's see, what have I been up to? Well Christmas went very well. Cooked ribs on Christmas Eve, sang at midnight mass, had a nice Christmas breakfast with the family, had a big Christmas dinner for 17, stayed up until 4 am that night and then had another big 10-course Chinese dinner on Boxing Day for my mom's birthday.

Santa was very good to Susan and I as always. We are very very spoiled people. My sister-in-law and Susan's bro and wife were in town for the holidays as well. It was great seeing them again as always.

Between Christmas and New Year's we prepared for Susan's grandma's 80th birthday celebration. For our part, Susan put together a lovely scrapbook with old pictures and write-ups from her grandma's 5 kids and their spouses and her 15 grandchildren. I put together an 8-minute movie/slideshow for her and we showed it at the restaurant on December 30th. 220 people came to the dinner!

We also had time to have dinner with our friends Chris and Jenn. We've been meaning to have them over for a long time so it was really nice to finally get together. That was a lot of fun.

For New Years, we invited friends over after dinner and we got into our comfy clothes (read fat pants), ate snacks, and played games until 5am (we did take a ten minute break to ring in the New Year with Dick Clark).

I was pretty well a zomby the next two days. I just can't stay up that late anymore. We had to get up early to go sing at mass on January 1st, so that didn't help matters. Still sleepy.

I watched a bunch of college football Bowl games on January 1st - the best of which was the Boise State-Oklahoma game. Go to Youtube and look for these highlights - it was the best game I have EVER seen. There are no words to describe the last 4 minutes of play.

As for my beloved Notre Dame Fighting Irish, well they got killed by the LSU Tigers in the Sugar Bowl last night. I don't want to talk about it anymore.

I've decided to take the rest of the week off since Susan is off from school too. We've been running lots of errands and watching the new dvds we got for Christmas (Pirates 2, Superman, Cars, Monster House, High School Musical...).

All in all a very good Christmas vacation.

Susan and I hope you all have a very propserous and blessed 2007!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Just Jim said...

My kinda time off, DVD's and fatpants. Perfect.

8:29 PM

 
Blogger Jenn's Yarn Addiction said...

Jenn and Chris are cool!

I think I own more fatpants than regular pants...is that bad...?

4:11 PM

 
Blogger Kiltman said...

Fatpants! - You should think about the kilt Ivan - the ultimate in 'fat-everything'

Can you say 'Wrap-it-up'?

5:55 PM

 
Blogger Amanda A said...

I wish I had some fat pants.


Give Susan my love!!

7:51 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home