Want to know what goes on in my world? Read on! Disney - Cruising - Airplanes - Cooking - Singing - Movies - Notre Dame Football etc. etc. etc.

Thursday, December 21, 2006

4 more days till Christmas!!

There are only 4 more days until Christmas?? How can that be?? But I still have a couple things to buy! I haven't bought any groceries for Christmas Eve dinner, Christmas breakfast or dinner! I haven't put up the lights on the house yet! The house needs cleaning! When will the stuff I ordered on-line come?! When will I have time to watch my Christmas televion shows? Can't I just relax? So many friends and relatives to see still! Does this even feel like Christmas anymore?? ARGHHHHHHH!

Wait, calm down (I am a hollow reed, I am a hollow reed, troubles blow through me like a hollow reed. I am a...)

I shouldn't be caught up in all this stuff. Need to re-focus. What's Christmas all about again? Tell me Charlie Brown tell me!

It's not 4 more days of shopping left - it's 4 more days until we celebrate the birth of baby Jesus. Gotcha.

Stop looking at everything as "buying stuff" - tis the season for giving. Check.

Relaxing on my own is great, but I should be celebrating the season with friends and family. Okay.

Christmas going too fast? Take time to stop and smell the pointsettias. Sure.

So what if you haven't put up your Christmas lights up - go take a walk around the neighbourhood and enjoy other people's lights. Fine.

Okay, I feel a little better. Glad I got that out of my system...

On another note, I'm, as always, looking very forward to singing at Midnight Mass on Christmas Eve. It's always the highlight of the year for me!

You are all invited to come out to St. Joseph the Worker, 4451 Williams Road in Richmond and celebrate with us! Caroling starts at about 9:45 pm and the mass itself starts at 11 pm. It runs until midnight. It's a beautiful celebration and is very well attended so come early! Even though St. Joe's is very big, it overflows during midnight mass every year.

Okay, that's it - hope you're all enjoying the Christmas season!


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

O Come O Come Emmanuel!

Looking forward to MFBIL Costco/S.E. Marine Drive bonding Road Trip tomorrow!! What tasty delights can we bake up this year!?

11:49 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home