Want to know what goes on in my world? Read on! Disney - Cruising - Airplanes - Cooking - Singing - Movies - Notre Dame Football etc. etc. etc.

Friday, January 19, 2007

VPL, JLA, and Birdzilla

I sang at the VPL last night for the Jerome Kern 101. It went well considering that we had very little rehearsal time. The women were really great. They have such amazing voices. Chris, our accompanist, learned all the music in one day! Amazing! Lots of friends and family came out including: Jenn, Ryan, Eric, Jaclyn and Dane, Brian and Lorraine, Marilyn and Kelly, Adam, my parents, & Susan's parents. Tonight we're taking the show on the road to the West Van Memorial Public Library to do it all again.

After last night's show, we went with Jenn, Chris, Ryan, Eric, Vanessa, Jaclyn and Dane to Earls. I'm not a huge fan of Earls but Susan and I shared a pizza - pretty good I must admit. Anyway, it was nice to see all of them as it’s been a while since we last got together.

Warning: About to speak geek...may contain Smallville spoilers and traces of nuts



After Earls we headed home to watch the latest episode of Smallville featuring the fledgling Justice League! That's right, if you've been watching Smallville you'll know that the Green Arrow has banded together with Aquaman, Cyborg and the Flash (called Impulse in the show) for one episode. It was not as great as I thought though - too much slow motion dramatic walking. The costumes just looked sort of strange too. It sort of looked like a low-budget movie - which I guess is what a tv show is, I suppose.

Heroes News

Oh and for Heroes fans, I heard this morning that they will be introducing a few more superheroes including a lady who can hear wireless communications. But most excitingly, George Takei (from Star Trek fame) will be playing Hiro's father!! How cool is that??


End spoilers

This weekend we have our choir Christmas party. We've had our 22 pound bird defrosting in the fridge for days so we're looking forward to actually eating it. We can then FINALLY take down our Christmas decorations this weekend.

Oh and Susan brought home her new glasses yesterday. I quite like them. Stylish and retro. Playful yet professional. She has a striking resemblance to pictures of her aunts from 40 years ago. Like I said – retro. Anyway, she has 30 days to test them out and see if she likes them. I’m sure she’d appreciate your comments…

I’ve been quite stressed this week so I’m looking forward to the weekend more than usual. Good times will be had by all.

Have a good day all!

5 Comments:

Blogger Ryan said...

good job on posting about the spoilers.

it was great to see you last night too my friend. you're brilliance in excelsius.

7:55 PM

 
Blogger Just Jim said...

Ahhh, another busy week, join the club! Kick back and take Susan to a movie.

9:12 AM

 
Blogger Kiltman said...

How 'bout posting a pic of your sweetie in her new glasses so we can vote online.

They sound radical!

9:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I agree about Smallville. I was disappointed with the last two episodes. Alas.

But I'm still catching up on Heroes. Made myself a little "resolution". Can only watch 1 episode of Heroes if I go to the gym. So far after enacting that rule, I've only been able to watch ONE episode. :( Bleh. So I'm only on Chapter 8. I must admit I "accidentally" read some spoilers that took me past Chapter 8.

I agree with kiltman! Send some pictures!

5:27 AM

 
Blogger Jenn's Yarn Addiction said...

Sorry, I am behind with the commenting. I loved Susan's glasses - she looks very chic!

Can't wait for Heroes tonight!!

10:41 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home