Want to know what goes on in my world? Read on! Disney - Cruising - Airplanes - Cooking - Singing - Movies - Notre Dame Football etc. etc. etc.

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

NOT FORGET ME

It's going to be another busy week. On Sunday we had our first read through of Very Good Eddie. I got to meet the cast (minus one). Everybody seems to have been well cast for their roles. I think it will be a great show. It has the potential to be very funny. Ryan gets all the best lines. Feb. 13th-17th. Mark it down.

On Monday night we watched episodes 3 and 4 of 24. Man what a great show! Between the stabbing in the knee cap and the nuclear bomb going off, I'd say 24 is off to another fast start. I can't wait until Heroes starts up again - Monday nights will be an hour of Heroes and then an hour of 24. What a freakin' great combo!!

Tonight, I had the one and only rehearsal for the Jerome Kern 101 at the Vancouver Library. We practiced out at Granville Island at the Arts Club theatre. Chris King is playing the piano for us so I'm excited about that. Tracy, Susan and Tamara are the other three people singing and man, their voices are incredible! I'm in awe of them and I'm not really sure why I get to sing with them - I'm soo not in their league. It should be another fun evening of song. Then on Friday night, we perform at the public library in West Van. Swanky West Van!!

Oh, and Jaclyn asked me to sing in an arts night she is putting together with Ryan and Jenn. That's on the 24th of February. I'm looking forward to singing with Jaclyn and Jenn again.

So what else is new?

Our department at work won a safety award and so we get a free dinner at the Fairmont Hotel (spouses included). I won't be able to attend though as I'll have a performance that night but we also get a $150 gift certificate to either Famous Players, HBC or the Fairmont. I think I'll take the Famous Players gc.

Susan got new glasses - plastic frames that make her look like a cat! She picks them up this week sometime so I'm looking forward to her new look - not that there was anything wrong with her old look but she admittedly said it was time for a change. Change is good.

She also got a new cell phone with a $50 credit so we've been downloading all sorts of junk including tv theme song ring tones, a Superman Returns and X-men game. Awesome.

Oh yeah, and on Friday night (sorry I'm jumping around a bit here) we went to Superstore and saw a scarf-toque-mittens set for what we thought was $2.94 each. We took 10 sets but found out at the register they were a little more than that. Anyway, we bought the ten and donated them to our church so they could bring them to the shelter on Cordova Street. We're hoping they'll help keep 10 people a little warmer this winter.

Let me leave you with last thing. I teach a marketing class at BCIT every year and I love to find international marketing mistakes. Anyway - here's a great example of really, really bad proof reading.

This is from a label on a package of plastic cups from a dollar store. I have the label so it's not some internet photoshop job. It's REAL I TELLS YOU! If you know what any of these sentences mean, please let me know.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kiltman said...

Jaclyn - which Jaclyn is this - I only know Dr. Jaclyn Keath - could it be....

4:23 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

$150 to Famous Players! That's a lot of movie. Fiddle faddle. You should send Sui to the dinner without you.

As for the plastic glasses... I almost got me a pair of those! Was looking for a change also. Stuck with the metal frames at the last minute. (You've seen the new ones.) In retrospect, I remembered that the flat-as-a-rug nose doesn't do so well with the lack of nosepads on the plastic frames. Good luck with that, Sui-Sui! Looking fwd to seeing the new cat look!

Here's my translation:
Forget Me Not
A timeless, high-class cup.
Stain and odor resistant.
Easy to clean, easy to use.
Doesn't leak.

Wishful thinking???

7:42 PM

 
Blogger Jenn's Yarn Addiction said...

That label scares me! Can things like that really exist?!

I want to get new glasses this year! It's hard to find ones for my fat head tho...

2:19 PM

 
Blogger Just Jim said...

Man are you guys BUSY! And have a kind heart. Good on you.

10:13 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home