Want to know what goes on in my world? Read on! Disney - Cruising - Airplanes - Cooking - Singing - Movies - Notre Dame Football etc. etc. etc.

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

OH Canada!

Due to overwhelming demand, I've decide to continue blogging. Okay, it was only one person who mentioned it in passing. I realize it's been like 7 weeks since I've posted anything but it's not because I haven't been doing anything interesting. That's only partly true. I've been too busy in fact! Please feel free to add your own excuses here: __________________

Susan and I had a great Canada Day weekend. We watched Live Free or Die Hard on Friday night (thought it was a great flick - just what a summer movie should be). Then on Saturday we watched Ratatouille. Very funny. The animation was spectacular and frankly all that beautifully drawn food made us hungry so we went to No. 9 afterwards. Not quite Parisian fine dining but satsifying nonetheless.

On Canada Day, I played in a grass v-ball tourney in Steveston. I haven't played v-ball in 14 months and I've NEVER played with the other three team members nor have I ever played reverse 4s. Suffice it to say, we got slaughtered. We had a little impromptu BBQ that night - because really, what's Canada Day without a BBQ?

On Monday, I rested my incredibly sore feet and watched Sicko, the new Michael Moore documentary. Eye opening, thought provoking, and anti-American. A good watch if you happen to like docs.

Last night we played softball and continued our undefeated season with a 16-4 win. Our runs against average has dropped below 5.0. Not bad for a softball team where scores usually look like football scores.

Tonight, we are heading back to the theatre to watch the highly anticipated movie - TRANSFORMERS. I've been waiting for this movie for a couple decades so I'm quite excited. Annoyingly excited as Susan might say. I've read the book already and I've visited every possible site and have seen every possible clip so I've basically screwed myself. I have insulated Susan from all of that so I think she'll enjoy it. I hope I haven't ruined it for myself. Nah!

Susan and I are off to Hong Kong in less than 22 days! We're getting plenty excited for that! The first flight came into Vancouver last Thursday so I went on board to check out the plane. Not bad. Not great. But for $500 each, what did I expect?

Lastly, in the annual battle with the pavement ants, I have been winning on some fronts but losing on others. I think I have found their headquarters though so now I am figuring out how to best destroy them for good. I don't want to return from Hong Kong and find them all over the place so now is the time for decisive action. Thursday night will be ant killing night! Feel free to come and help and please bring the toxic chemical of your choice. MUWHAHAHAHA...

Speaking of Thursday, it's Susan's birthday! And it's my work's annual summer party to be held in the new West Wing of the international terminal building. I think I get my new leather jacket tomorrow too! Cool gift from YVR for our 15th anniversary. Not sure when I'll get to wear it though. It's kinda hot for leather.

Anyway, that's it for now. I'll try to blog more regularly. Seriously. I have to keep me reader happy.

Happy belated Canada Day all!

3 Comments:

Blogger Just Jim said...

It's nice to have you back!

2:32 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

About time. I've been secretly thinking "where is the blog update"!

Mucho appreciated.

Wow, you've been into the movies lately. I just saw Cars... slow. The "epilogue" clip and "One Man Band" short clip on the DVD were better than the movie.

Ratatouille looks better, though I have not seen it yet.

Looking fwd to Transformers too. Haven't kept up on top of it all like you, though.

Saw Shrek 3, though prob shouldn't have. Don't waste your $10 bucks... but you prob didn't need me to tell you that.

Saw Strange Brew on Canada Day and ate maple-glazed nuts and smoke salmon and Molson's.

Just saw A Chorus Line. Also not as good as I'd hoped. But still Bwy is great, inn't it?

Hairspray's coming out in movie form soon...

Otay. Time to go now. Night night.

Happy Canada Week!

7:54 PM

 
Blogger Jenn's Yarn Addiction said...

That was a nice catch up, good post!

1:04 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home