Want to know what goes on in my world? Read on! Disney - Cruising - Airplanes - Cooking - Singing - Movies - Notre Dame Football etc. etc. etc.

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Tap dancing and The Ship of Dreams...

Last Friday night, Susan and I went out to the Massey Theatre in New West to watch 42nd Street. It was an amazing show! Huge tap dancing numbers, big sets, inspired performances - it had it all. We had a very enjoyable evening and it was great to see 4 Fiddler alumni performing on stage again. It probably was one of the most entertaining evenings I've had watching a show in long while. Fun factor: 8.5/10

The next day seven of us went over to the Island to see the Titanic Exhibit at the Royal BC Museum. The ferry ride was spectacular as always. I even got to see 2 seals! The exhibit had close to 300 artifacts, most of which were personal items like jewelery, shoes, clothing, personal papers, currencies etc. So if you're expecting giant pieces of the hull, you'll be disappointed. When we"boarded" the exhibit, the "crew" member gave us a boarding pass with the description of an actual Titanic passenger. At the end of the exhibit, I found out if I survived or if I was one of the 1,500 people who died. I lived. Phew. Overall, I enjoyed the exhibit but I wish it had some more impressive artifacts. Certainly worth the visit though. 7.5/10

On Sunday, I gave the bbq a good cleaning and fired her up for the first barbeque of the year! Steak and salmon. Likelihood of me increasing my grill skills this summer: 9/10

Now, on to these Canucks....who's fed up with the poor defensive zone giveaways? Come on! And seriously, we can score over 3 goals in a game, right? Right??! I hope they can win the next game and bring it back to Vancouver but they need to fix some of these stupid little mistakes. My confidence level: 6/10

Oh, and for those of you who watch Heroes, wasn't that the best episode ever?? Very cool.
It's getting very good now. Finale is only a few weeks away! Giddiness level: 8.5/10

And finally, the NFL draft just happened this past weekend. The biggest story of course was Notre Dame QB Brady Quinn being drafted 22nd overall instead of 3rd overall as many speculated. Am I concerned? I guess not. Just a pride issue really. He gets to play in his hometown and if he does turn out to be a great QB he'll be able to command a big salary in his next contract. I still think JaMarcus Russell will suck it up after a year in Oakland. I think he'll balloon to 300 pounds in no time. So the only other pressing football question I have is: Who will be the next starting quarterback at Notre Dame? I think we'll be seeing the California wonder-kid Jimmy Clausen and Chicago's own Demetrius Jones as the 2 QBs this year. Certainty level: 7.5/10

That's it for another update. Glad you tuned in.

Hope everybody has a good week!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

42nd Street! Ahh, good times. Jazz hands, sequins and glitz -- all in all, a good time!

Have you heard anything about The Pirate Queen? It's started playing here... wondering if it's worth seeing. Saw a snippit on PBS or something like that... looked good from the brief end bit that I caught.

9:06 PM

 
Blogger Jenn's Yarn Addiction said...

that was a very entertaining post - altho I admit I skimmed over the nfl stuff...can't WAIT to see the end of Heroes!!

10:39 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home